My name is Kathleen Currie and I am a qualified, registered Counsellor and a Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA). I work to both the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions and COSCA’s Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice. I hold professional indemnity insurance.
Having graduated with a Diploma in Counselling in 2003, I am an experienced Counselling practitioner who has a wide range of experience. I also currently work as a Lecturer in a further education college teaching Trainee student counsellors.
I believe my own life and work experiences have influenced my interest in counselling and psychology. I believe that sometimes we all need someone to listen in a way that is caring, understanding and non-judgemental. I feel I have these qualities and I care about helping others.
I am offering an individual, person-centred counselling service for anyone feeling overwhelmed and in need of support to overcome any personal issues, challenges or frustrations. Committing to counselling is a big step and I feel privileged to be a part of your journey to help you, help yourself.
Training, qualifications & experience
My continuous professional development is important, and as part of this, I attend training, conferences, and courses to support my development as a Counsellor and as a Counselling Teacher.
- Diploma in Counselling with Merit
- HNC Counselling with Merit
- Batchelor of Arts (BA) Open Degree – Applying Psychology
- Postgraduate (PG) Teaching Qualification with Merit
- Masters Professional Practitioner Award in Education Certificate
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Training
- Impact of Trauma on Mental Health – University of Glasgow
- Working with trauma, loss, grief and bereavement
- Supporting Children’s mental health, wellbeing and resilience
- Working with the complexities of domestic and emotional abuse
- Understanding Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Understanding depression and anxiety
- Relational Depth in Counselling; A Pluralistic approach to Therapy;
- Existential Therapy: An Introduction;
- Children and Young People’s Mental Health and Wellness;
- Supporting children/teens with ASN to manage health anxiety;
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment;
- Mindfulness; Self Compassion for the Caring Professions;
- Coaching for Counsellors;
- Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid:Young people (SMHFA:YP) Certificate;