Hello and Welcome to my website.
My name is Kathleen and I am a professional, registered Counsellor and a Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA). I work to both the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions and COSCA’s Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice. I hold professional indemnity insurance.
Having graduated with a Diploma in Counselling in 2003, I am a well experienced, professional Counselling practitioner who has a wide range of experience in offering counselling/talking therapy. As well as being a Counsellor, I’m also a Lecturer in a further education college teaching counselling students.
My own life and work experiences have influenced my interest in counselling and psychology. I believe that sometimes we all need someone to listen in a way that is genuine, understanding and non-judgemental. I have these qualities and I care about helping others. There is no shame in asking for help, if you are struggling and feel hopeless, you don’t have to feel alone – asking for help takes strength and courage.
I offer a one to one, private, person-centred counselling/therapy service for anyone in need of confidential support to overcome any relationship difficulties, personal, family or work related issues. Perhaps you’ve had a bereavement or have been feeling anxious, depressed or overwhelmed with challenges or frustrations in your life. Talking to a trained therapist can be therapeutic and improve your low mood, mental health and wellbeing.
Committing to counselling is a big step and may just change your life. I feel privileged to be a part of my client’s journey to help you, learn how to help yourself.
Training, qualifications & experience
My continuous professional development is important, and as part of this, I attend training, conferences, and courses to support my development as a Counsellor and as a Counselling Teacher.
- Diploma in Counselling with Merit
- HNC Counselling with Merit
- Batchelor of Arts (BA) Open Degree – Applying Psychology
- Postgraduate (PG) Teaching Qualification with Merit
- Masters Professional Practitioner Award in Education Certificate
- LGBTQ2S Cultural Awareness
- Stress Management
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Training
- Impact of Trauma on Mental Health – University of Glasgow
- Working with Trauma, Loss, Grief and Bereavement
- Supporting Children’s mental health, wellbeing and resilience
- Working with the complexities of domestic and emotional abuse
- Understanding Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Understanding Depression and Anxiety
- Relational Depth in Counselling; A Pluralistic approach to Therapy
- Existential Therapy: An Introduction
- Children and Young People’s Mental Health and Wellness
- Supporting children/teens with ASN to manage health anxiety
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment
- Mindfulness; Self Compassion for the Caring Professions
- Coaching for Counsellors
- Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid: Young people (SMHFA:YP) Certificate