Hello and Welcome to my website.
My name is Kathleen and I am a qualified, registered Counsellor and a Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA). I work to both the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions and COSCA’s Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice. I hold professional indemnity insurance.
Having graduated with a Diploma in Counselling in 2003, I am a well experienced, professional Counselling practitioner who has a wide range of experience in offering counselling/ talking therapy. As well as being a Counsellor, I’m also a Lecturer in a further education college teaching counselling students and an External Verifier with the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
My own life and work experiences have influenced my interest in counselling and psychology. I believe that sometimes we all need someone to listen in a way that is genuine, understanding and non-judgemental. I have these qualities and I care about helping others. There is no shame in asking for help, if you are struggling and feel hopeless, you don’t have to feel alone – asking for help takes strength and courage.
I offer a one to one, person-centred counselling service for anyone in need of confidential support to overcome any relationship difficulties, personal, family or work related issues. Perhaps you’ve been feeling anxious, depressed or overwhelmed with challenges or frustrations in your life, talking to a trained therapist can be therapeutic and improve your low mood and mental health.
Committing to counselling is a big step and may just change your life. I feel privileged to be a part of my client’s journey to help you, learn how to help yourself.
Training, qualifications & experience
My continuous professional development is important, and as part of this, I attend training, conferences, and courses to support my development as a Counsellor and as a Counselling Teacher.
- Diploma in Counselling with Merit
- HNC Counselling with Merit
- Batchelor of Arts (BA) Open Degree – Applying Psychology
- Postgraduate (PG) Teaching Qualification with Merit
- Masters Professional Practitioner Award in Education Certificate
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Training
- Impact of Trauma on Mental Health – University of Glasgow
- Working with trauma, loss, grief and bereavement
- Supporting Children’s mental health, wellbeing and resilience
- Working with the complexities of domestic and emotional abuse
- Understanding Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Understanding depression and anxiety
- Relational Depth in Counselling; A Pluralistic approach to Therapy;
- Existential Therapy: An Introduction;
- Children and Young People’s Mental Health and Wellness;
- Supporting children/teens with ASN to manage health anxiety;
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment;
- Mindfulness; Self Compassion for the Caring Professions;
- Coaching for Counsellors;
- Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid:Young people (SMHFA:YP) Certificate;